Why Doctors Should Stop Wasting Money on Paid Google Ads
Google ads for healthcare practices and doctors are expensive. And it’s very easy to drain your marketing budget quickly…without any results. Pouring money into a paid ad campaign that’s destined to fail isn’t a sound growth strategy. At rater8, we encourage you to reevaluate your paid ad spending. Why?
- 90% of all search clicks are on Organic (non-paid) search results, not ads.
- It’s likely your ads are being ignored by your target audience. Most ads have a click rate well below 5%.
- In hyper-competitive markets, keywords are expensive and can be as high as $50 per single click.
- Often times, the costs get so prohibitive that you stop doing it.
- Ads don’t instill confidence in online visitors.
- Patients want social proof. Google Ads may help get your name out there, but without testimonials, Google Ads will likely provide little or no return on investment. When online, patients are more inclined to click on a Google profile with 300 five-star reviews vs. a paid text ad.