Google My Business User Roles
Within Google My Business, there are three different user roles:
- Communication Manager
Adding users lets an owner share management of a listing with multiple people without having to share personal account information.
Each listing can have multiple owners, but only one primary owner. Owners and primary owners have the same capabilities, but a primary owner can’t remove themselves from a listing until they transfer their primary ownership to another user.
Communications managers have the capabilities of a manager, except for editing business info.
How to add users to Google My Business:
- First, claim your Google My Business listing. If the listing hasn’t been claimed yet, you’ll be designated as the primary owner.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Users from the menu.
- In the top right corner, click the “Invite new managers” icon .
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers. You can cancel pending invitations by clicking the X in the row with the invitation you want to remove.