Measuring Your Google My Business Success
Google My Business Insights
Google My Business comes with robust reporting capabilities. To monitor your progress, you’ll want to click on your Insights tab within the Google My Business dashboard. The three most important metrics that you want to monitor are:
- Website visits
- Ask directions
In order to access Google My Business Insights:
- Log in to Google My Business.
- Select the Location you wish to analyze. You can only look at insights for individual listings. For example, if you manage 10 listings, you cannot see data for all 10 listings at once.
- In the left-hand column, navigate to the Insights tab. Then start exploring the data!
The following reports are provided by Google My Business Insights out of the box:
- How customers search for your business
- Where customers view your business on Google: The Google services that customers use to find your business
- Customer actions: The most common actions that customers take on your listing
- Phone calls: When and how many times customers call your business
- Photo views: The number of times your business photos have been viewed
- Photo quantity: The number of photos that appear on your business, compared to photos from other businesses
When analyzing the Google My Business insights, you are able to adjust the time window. However, within Google My Business, you can only look back at the last quarter. Google does not retain any historical data older than 3 months.
For more robust web analytics, you should have Google Analytics installed. This will allow you to analyze more historical data and it will also offer insights into how people interact with your practice’s website once landed.