Google My Business Insights
Google My Business comes with robust reporting capabilities. To monitor your progress, select the Insights tab within the Google My Business dashboard. The three most important metrics to monitor are:
- Website visits
- Ask directions
To access Google My Business Insights:
- Log in to Google My Business.
- Select the location you wish to analyze. You can only look at Insights for individual listings. For example, if you manage 10 listings, you cannot see data for all 10 listings at once.
- In the left-hand column, navigate to the Insights tab. Then start exploring the data!
The following reports are provided by Google My Business Insights out of the box:
- How customers search for your business.
- Where customers view your business on Google: The Google services that customers use to find your business.
- Customer actions: The most common actions that customers take on your listing.
- Phone calls: When and how many times customers call your business.
- Photo views: The number of times your business photos have been viewed.
- Photo quantity: The number of photos that appear on your business, compared to photos from other businesses.
When analyzing Google My Business Insights, you are able to adjust the time window. However, Google does not retain any historical data older than 3 months, so you can only look back at the last quarter.
How to Download Google My Business Insights
You can bulk download Insights for multiple listings to a spreadsheet. It’s an easy way to see how different chain locations are performing on Google Search and Maps.
Make sure your listings are all verified, as Insights are only available for verified listings. To download a bulk Insights report, perform the following steps:
- Select the listings you want to download a bulk Insights report.
- Above the list of your locations, select Download Insights. In the screen that opens, select Get Report beside the report you want.
- Select the time frame for your data, then in the bottom-right corner of the screen, select Download.
- Your report will begin downloading automatically in a new tab. After your report finishes downloading, you can close the tab.
If you haven’t enabled your listing for download, you may see “***” in the columns of your bulk Insights spreadsheet.
For more robust web analytics, install Google Analytics. This will allow you to analyze more historical data, and it will also offer insights into how visitors interact with your practice’s website once landed.